Friday, March 12, 2010

New template


Funnily enough, I was on my other blog last night changing the header because I thought it was looking a bit tired. Then I saw that Katherine, of Making a Mark had posted some links on Twitter regarding Blogger's new templates. What a coincidence! I think these ones are much more 'me'! But what do you think - are they OK on the eyes? Initially Sketches by Fiz had a black background which I quickly changed to a dark grey. Even so, I still felt it needed to be a shade lighter but I couldn't find the exact thing I had in mind. Oh, but I like this brown, especially with my brown paper portraits!

Anyway, I'm still feeling my way around - the posting template and the HTML is different and I'm not sure it will publish the way I like it, but I think I've settled on these two backgrounds - I have a lighter one for Felicity's Philosophies.

Hmm, I think this will inspire me to get drawing again! In the meantime, here is Alex when he was younger looking cute!

12 comments:

alison staite said...

Thumbs up! This looks great!

Felicity said...

Thanks Alison!

Carolyn Ann Pappas said...

The new template looks great. I think the brown is very classy.

caseytoussaint said...

Your blog looks wonderful - and I love the drawing!

Janet Pantry said...

Yes, it looks good Felicity, and it's good to have a change anyway isn't it? Those warm browns will set off your portraits very nicely I think! Your Alex was indeed a little cutie - butter wouldn't melt no doubt!! ;)

Felicity said...

Thanks Carolyn - classy is a great word!

Thanks Casey!

Thanks Janet! I'm glad the feedback is positive so far. Yes, Alex was a cutie and as sweet as he looked - 'course that's just my unbiased opinion! ;)

Robyn said...

The dark brown looks great, Felicity. I love love a dark ground on a blog - now I'm tempted to go template shopping myself.

Little Alex is extremely cute too.

~Elizabeth said...

I do like it! I'm about to go look at the new ones too now.

Carolina said...

I like the warm color Felicity, nice choice!

jyothisethu said...

felicity,
this innocent looking boy is captured fantastically by you...
the look, the color everything is fine...
a little blue shade in the background also is giving a good effect...
just like the new brown template...
congratulations...

Serena said...

A gorgeous drawing of Alex!

I LOVE the new Template Designer! It's so easy to use and gives a great variety of options for each template. I love the colours you chose for your blog.

Felicity said...

Thanks very much all!